Wednesday 8 July 2015

Sometimes Our Failures Are Our Successes.

I'm a little obsessed with playing with colour right now.  I'm so excited with how the colours in the wool I'm dyeing blend together or fight one another in the skein.

One particularly happy project is my new table runner.  I wove it using Wool-Ease Sportweight dyed in pink, purple, blue, and green. The yarn is only 20% wool, so the result was very faint and uneven, (much like a kettle dyed wool).


 The final project was a lovely surprise. Before starting to weave on my Cricket, the colours looked quite distinct, but together they blend together so well.



I had thought that the dyes had been failures, but together the blend of the weft and weave is subtle, but really pretty; it almost makes me want to make more mistakes when dyeing.










7 comments:

  1. The colours are absolutely beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The colours are absolutely beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mistakes often make the best experiments. Your table runner is great! Weaving looks fascinating. Do I dare entertain the idea of another fiber craft? ;^)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous. I aim to make mistakes on purpose because I learn so much that way.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the colors of the first picture. Blues and greens are always my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the colors of the first picture. Blues and greens are always my favorite!

    ReplyDelete