Friday 1 May 2015

FO Friday - I was in need of a quickie...

I was staring at my "needs to be sorted" stash last night and felt the need for some instant (almost) gratification.  My family's been going through a bit of a stressful period lately, and despite the good work that I'm doing with my WIPs, I really needed a quick fix of a completed project.

So I pulled out the 2 hanks of Katia Iceberg that I picked up at a warehouse sale 2 months ago and set to work on a big chunky cowl. I always find it fun to use my 'comically oversized' needles and they were the perfect fit for this project.   I improvised the pattern (the kind of knitting that I find most relaxing) and here it is (albeit in a really, really rough format)!

Kirsty's Relaxin' Chillaxin' Mobius Wrap




Yarn: Katia Iceberg (or a similar Super Bulky Yarn), 2 hanks (200g/66m)

Needles: 19mm/US35

Gauge is not important for this pattern.  Have fun with it!

Abbreviations:
Sl1K: Slip 1 stitch knitwise
YO: Yarn over
sl1 k1 psso: slip1 knitwise, knit1, pass the slipped stitch over
k2tog: knit 2 stitches together

Pattern:
Loosely cast on 16 stitches.

Row 1: sl1k, [YO, sl1 k1 psso] to last stitch, K1
Row2:  sl1k, [YO, k2tog] to last stitch, K1

Repeat these 2 rows until you've only got enough yarn left for one more row to bind off leaving a long tail.  Around about 50 rows.

Bind off loosely.

Block the piece as a flat rectangle.  Once dry, giving the  piece a single twist, sew the ends together using a mattress stitch.

That's it.  Easy-peasy lemon squeezy!

No comments:

Post a Comment